So your air conditioner is on and running but there is a lack of airflow or no airflow at all coming out of your vents. Here are some reasons why this could be happening and how you can fix the problem before having to call in professionals:
1. Dirty air filter – If your air filter is dirty, airflow is restricted making it harder to be blown back into your home. It is recommended to check your air filter monthly.
2. Blocked return grille/vents – Your return vents are what suck in air and should be clear of any obstruction. Move anything blocking your return vents.
3. Kinked/Leaky/disconnected duct system – Bends or kinks in your flex ductwork will restrict airflow and if your ducts are leaking, the air is being blown elsewhere instead of in your living space. You can fix the ducts yourself but since they are usually concealed in walls, ceilings, attics, and basements and the work can be complicated, we recommend having Right Now Air professionals help.
4. Dirty evaporator coil – Running your air conditioner without a filter or with a dirty filter will cause your evaporator coils to become very dirty. You can clean the coils yourself however you may need a professional depending on how dirty they are.
5. Blower malfunction – Your blower is a fan located in your air conditioner’s indoor unit that blows air throughout your system. Problems that cause malfunction can be a dirty fan, a stuck wheel, a broken motor, or loose fan belt. It is recommended to hire a professional if you suspect a problem with your blower. Right Now Air is an easy solution to your problem.
As you can see, air not blowing from your air conditioner can be solved with a simple solution or you might just need to have professionals come help. Right Now Air & Solar are here for your 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Schedule an appointment today.